This is an activity for you to lead, on a visit to sand dunes in Pembrokeshire National Park - there are 16 sand dune habitats within the park.
Alternatively arrange a trip to a sand dune location in a National Park near you.
Key stage 2 - England and Wales
This activity is for you to take, using the resources below.
To investigate a sand dune habitat. The activities enable pupils to learn how dunes are formed, and what creatures live in them.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Gather data through fieldwork
- Learn about the sand dune habitat and biodiversity
- Learn about the challenges of protecting this fragile habitat
- Have fun while learning and observing!
Curriculum links (Wales):
- Understanding places, environments and processes, 1,2,3
- Investigating 1
- Interdependence of organisms 4,5,6,7