KS2 for England and Wales, Levels 2 and 3 in Scotland
This activity is for you to take, using the resources below.
This classroom activity provides an ideal introduction to the Bronze Age before (or after) a visit to Dartmoor National Park, building subject knowledge through direct experience. This activity also helps children understand the difference between 'evidence' and 'interpretation' when dealing with the ancient past.
- To know when the Bronze Age was
- To know how people lived on Dartmoor in the Bronze Age and to be able to see similarities and differences in their own way of life today
- To understand how archaeologists work
- To understand how artists use archaeological finds to reconstruct the past through images – i.e. they make “Interpretations of history”
- To understand how and why artists may interpret the past differently from each other
- To develop instructional writing
You will need:
- Teacher's scheme of work
- PowerPoint presentation
- Paper, graph paper, pens, access to internet
Indoors, History, KS2 (Scotland Level 2)